Welcome: Horndon School is a Church of England Foundation school and accommodates Primary age range children.
The school was originally opened in 1847. The Victorian building now houses our nursery.
Our present buildings are modern and set in attractive playground and field areas.
We have seven classes, six of which are in the main building and one in a very well equipped 'relocatable' building.
Our Core Values
Respect, Responsibility, Courage, Honesty, Thoughtfulness
Our Vision Statement
We are all part of God's family. Through trying our best in all we do, we find a sense of belonging.
1 Corinthians 12:27 'All of you together are Christ's body, and each of you is a part of it.'
We aim to provide a Positive Learning Environment
- Where the whole school community is valued, respected and supported through our Christian ethos.
- Where pupils and staff are happy, enjoy learning together and share their school’s values and expectations.
- Where the importance of a healthy lifestyle is shared by all stakeholders.
- Where pupils are involved in own learning targets, decision making within the school and are able to develop their social, emotional skills, have confidence in their abilities and have high self esteem.
- Where teaching and learning maintains high standards of achievement so that all pupils attain their personal goals and fulfil their potential.
- Where there is mutual respect between staff, pupils and parents through improved communication.
- Where Governors understand their role as school’s critical friend and provide strategic direction which is technically efficient and effective in the use of resources both equipment/books and human.
Download a copy of our latest (2015) Ofsted Inspection Report
Click here for our latest (2015) Ofsted Inspection report on the Ofsted website
DfE Performance Tables
Download a copy of our Prospectus
Download a copy of our Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools (SIAMS) Report click here